Thursday, February 12, 2009

the hypocritic oath...

Okay. I have a confession to make. For the past 3 weeks, we have had 2 new "additions" to our family. Their names are "Daisy" and "Sally."

I had/have been in a funk ever since Christmas and Bosco's passing. My boss at Worlds of Fun put on what he calls, "Cripple Con," named so after his freak illness from 2007. It was an artists' gathering in mid-January at Excelsior Springs, MO, and I'd signed up to be there. On the Saturday of the event, I finally got up enough "umpf" to go, but wanted to take a distracting detour to improve my mood...visit a pet store just to look around. When we got to the pet store, there were 2 West Highland White Terrier puppies in the display. One of them was quite animated, and my wife had always wanted one. We asked the clerk if we could see her, and I could tell my wife was "hooked." Didn't know if I was up for it, though.

When the animated one was let loose, then the other one got to fussing. Kind of a "hey, what about me?" kind of thing. The boss lady of the store came up to us and said if we liked that pup, and bought it, she'd give us the other pup for nothing. Two for one! Bargains are always a plus to my wife. I said we'd think about it, hoping common sense would prevail.

On the way to Excelsior Springs, we talked about it, and decided we'd take the plunge. While in an earlier post, I'd said we have been "recycling" pets by going to the local animal shelters, I have to now apologize for my hypocrisy. But they are cute. The payback, though, is I haven't house broken a dog for well over 25 years. Trust me. I'm being well punished for it. But...here's Daisy...

...and here's Sally...


Getting pics of them has been difficult as they seem to be constantly moving. There are exceptions, but use of a camera wouldn't be prudent. Yesterday while taking my morning "constitutional" with my pants down around my ankles...we have no privacy now at all...Sally fell asleep curled up in my underwear. I know...TMI! Here's another pic of my daughter trying to hold them so we could get a picture...


Since this is supposed to be an "art blog," I'll post a drawing. One of the kids I taught caricaturing, Alexandria(Alex), has me draw her mother each year. I'm amazed and flattered she wants me to, but admit a certain devilish glee. The first year I drew her mom, I drew her as a sexy mermaid. This shocked Alex, and even more when her mother liked the drawing! So four years later, she still brings her mom to the park, and here's how this year's sketch turned out...

...and a close up of the sketch...

I normally hate my park sketches, but this one didn't turn out too badly.

Lates!

No comments: