Wednesday, August 5, 2009

random thoughts to begin August...

July was an interesting month, to say the least. Weather-wise, it was the mildest I've seen it. Other things were kind of weird. So with July behind me, August starts the beginning of the Worlds of Fun season winding down. My time still won't feel like it will free up some for about another 2 weeks. We have our last midnight close of the summer this weekend. That has its own sadness as the school year beginning is now around the corner.

And I need to draw.

One of my kids from the park asked if I would draw her portrait, which I am very flattered to do. I've tried to do some designing on some stuff in the Airbrush t-shirt shop, but haven't come up with anything. Although a design with a cartoon fish keeps popping up in the noggin of late. Tuesday night I drew some caricatures to help out one of my artists. It was fun. I got to draw 6 really cute girls on a "road trip" before they headed back to begin school. And I stupidly didn't have my camera so I could share the results. Dumb!

One incident from Tuesday...I was in Dollar General buying baby wipes for the Facepainting stand at the park, standing in the checkout line juggling 8 boxes of baby wipes while some irritating woman was holding up the line. For some reason, the other women in the checkout line seemed to find my purchase of interest. One in particular, in her rather toothless way, blurted out, "What'cha got all them baby wipes for???!!!" To which, I ignored her. Nunyuh!

Eventually another check out line opened up, and I moved over to it. A different woman in the other check out line looked at me and said, "I have to ask...Why DO you have all those baby wipes?" I couldn't resist the "Al Jaffee" moment, and replied, "Well, I got involved with a woman half my age. What can I say? She had quads." Got quite a look from her. And the checkout girl, herself in the "family way" whispered to me, "Quads! Really?" And I quipped, "Yep," and walked out of the store with 2 big bags of baby wipes.

My wife and daughter both found the story funny.

Lates!

No comments: