Saturday, January 23, 2010

An appreciation for handmade things, pt. 1...

by Mike Worley

One resolution I made for this coming year was to refrain as much as possible from "buying" gifts for people. Instead, making something is a more pleasing avenue. I gave my wife a lot of grief for not getting me anything for Christmas. I went out and bought her some sweaters and tops she was wanting. According to her, we'd agreed to NOT buy each other anything for the holidays, something I have no recollection of.

But she has shamed me greatly, even though I didn't receive this gift from her on the actual day but last weekend, she MADE a gift for me. I don't know what to call it other than a "Hanukkah Book". And I'll give it to you page by page starting with the front cover...


To clarify...yes, I do understand how books are paginated, but let's not get into "inside front cover" and "inside back cover," and all that. I'll just open the book and give you each page as they come, as in page 1...

and so on...













...and finally...

Neat, eh!!!???

Guess if I'm going to make her something really nice, I'd better quickly learn either goldsmithing or how to weave cashmere.

No comments: