Saturday, June 18, 2011

...and much of Madness, and more of Sin...

Haven't blogged in a looooonnnnnggggg time. My bad. And I need to. Right now it's 5 in the morning. Woke up at 3, tossed and turned for an hour. Decided to get up and try to wind back down.

We were assigned in the figure drawing class I took, to do our own self portrait. Here's what came out of it...
Photobucket
I have to admit, that it both shocked and creeped me out. Don't know where this came from.

It wasn't quite what the teacher had asked for, but I'm not sure I could've come up with anything else. It kinda reflects how things have been of late. I think she wanted all sorts of symbols and stuff, but that isn't me. Don't know if I'm really that "artsy-fartsy."

I got some "cool" comments from some. Others expressed a certain unease. Some even expressed preferring it without the quote and without the color. John Romita once told me that all drawing is trapping light with shade...hence the black and white.

Only my daughter saw sadness in it.

All in all color can be what you want it to say. Red certainly reflects rage. Even blood as I have to prick and stick myself to test my blood sugar and take meds. Could represent passion? Dunno. Been a bit passion-less of late. Green, for all the happy "life" things it is suppose to rep, is also the color of horror. One little tidbit I found out when researching horror movies, is that the original 1931 "Frankenstein" was tinted green to amp up the fear factor. The blue...I got no clue. Other than I do have blue eyes.

Gonna see if I can catch a few more zzzz's.

No comments: