Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blotiquette?...

One of the things I resolved to do was to finish off things one at a time. I have, in the past, let things pile up and then become frustrated with having a feeling of no breathing room.

These are some caricatures I've been commissioned to do, ala "Simpson-ized," and they've been sitting too long. I wanted to have them done by tomorrow, but it might be more into the day. Just haven't been able to "get into it." Some I like and they came easily. Others are still WIP, as I guess that's the polite way of saying, "it's moving in a direction, at least." That's part of a question of "blotiquette," if that is a term that would suffice, a cross between "blog" and "etiquette," that I have. Should I only put up things as my "best foot forward," trying to give the illusion of some kind of professional superiority? Or is it kosher to talk about struggles...when it doesn't seem to be working and it is exasperating...and maybe it needs to be restarted?

I need to get these done, that's a given. And I'd hoped to have the weekend without distraction to work on them and finish them up. That didn't happen. There was wedding stuff, park stuff, family stuff, wife stuff, church stuff, and mother stuff. All in waves and shifts and needing to be addressed. It really drained me and I was an ogre Saturday. Could be the weather change. Snow, again???!!!

So I'll just post the sketches...









Yeah, this one really needs some re-thinking...










I have Kathy Reich's "Bones To Ashes" on the cd player. Audio books help me focus for some reason. But I think I'll go to bed and give these a fresh start in the morning.

No comments: