Saturday, April 4, 2009

random thoughts before Palm Sunday...

Today had great weather, but I had a crappy day. Couldn't shake a really foul mood, and I haven't felt well. I'm also wondering if I didn't receive a jolt of creativity from last weekend's Planet Comicon, and I'm frustrated because I had stuff on the drawing board I wanted to finish, and other things took my time away. It also means I probably won't be getting together with some comics creators tomorrow, but will be getting a bunch of commissioned caricatures done. Ah, well...

I've shown this piece before, but never with any color. After doing some color testing, I'm beginning to think that after I get "Dibble" launched and up, to see about developing this more as a webcomic, as well...

I doing some experimenting with Photoshop to see if I can get the hang of all that rendering stuff. I'll keep you posted. It also would serve a purpose for some "non-comics" shows I've attended. Maybe the Sci-Fi/fantasy crowd(?)

The Worlds of Fun season is rapidly approaching, and we seem to be set, staffing-wise. Even so, we still had folks who didn't show up for their interviews, and this produced some "down time" waiting for the next interviewee. These were on scrap paper, a way of combatting boredom...

I think this was based on a girl I saw in the hallway, and she was a precursor for the "Connie" character I showed in an earlier post.

I think this one was based on one of the Worlds of Fun supervisors I saw running around...

My daughter claims to read my blog, I guess to see what nonsense I'm spewing. I have a sketchbook of cartoony chicks that I've wanted to get printed up to give me something else at my table to "hawk." I saw a lot of girl/cheesecake type sketchbooks at Planet Comicon, and at others, too. The Moy Brothers usually have these to sell.

As you can tell, I did this one a while back. She's based on my daughter and a girl who used to airbrush at the park. In many ways, she's a change-up in my normal styles. I plan on using her in a one-pager in the sketchbook, and I think the story is really funny. When I get the sketchbook done, and if you buy one from me at a comics show, I'll tell you the whole story.

Good night!

No comments: