Friday, November 13, 2009

We are of peace...always...

by Mike Worley

As I continue the "weaning" process off of Worlds of Fun, I find myself feeling like Al Pacino in "Godfather III," ...as soon as I start to get away, I get pulled back in. Mostly it's just end of year reports, but like the big baby I am I have to throw a tantrum and pout for a while before realizing I DO have to finish them up. Oy Vey!

I really like the new "V" tv series. If I have one complaint it would be that I think they are moving too quickly. Here's a cartoony version of the hot, yet still sinister, alien leader, "Anna"...


One thing I rediscovered at I-CON is that some ideas may still work. I have loved a lot of the "New England Gothic" writers, such as Hawthorne, Poe, and Irving, and have toyed with doing my own adaptations of their classic stories. This is my first take on Young Goodman Brown and his wife, Faith...


That's all I have time for. I had a strange revelation of late. It's learning to recognize "second chances." Some payin' work came my way that I had worked on a long time ago, and I've been given a chance to do more freelance for them. The catch then as now is that I can't show any of it. One of those confidentiality things, which is rather strange since the stuff is kind of an "open secret." Sorry for being cryptic. Guess I haven't had my morning coffee/Diet Coke/tea fix.

Lates!

No comments: