Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wednesday...

by Mike Worley

Facebook continues to be the bane of my existance because it won't seem to interface with my ancient copy of Safari. Keeps kicking me out. Sucks!

Not much to tell about today. I did some creating, but didn't get a whole lot done. I went to Starbucks to meet up with a couple of artist buddies. We had coffee and basically BS'd. Later on, Becky and I discussed Christmas/Hanukkah/Holiday plans. We both concluded it would be nice to just do some traveling.

I bought a couple of hoodies at the end of the season to airbrush on. Something for my wife's nieces. One niece is getting a hoodie with the "Twilight" designs on it. No reason to show it, as I've already posted what those designs look like in earlier postings. I did this for the other niece. She started a new high school this year, so I hope I got this right...


Every now and again, I get some commissions/requests to draw folks as "Simpsons" characters. This is a bit of a "blast from the past," and was done for some folks in honor of their nuptials in 2005. If you wish to see the whole thing, you will need to click on it...


As I try to clean up around the studio, I find the leavings of ideas that I may dust off if I find the time. One idea I still like involves doing a Jay Ward type take off on Edgar Allen Poe stories. I'm a big fan of the Corman "Poe" adaptations from the early '60's, and some of the movies that tried to do "knockoffs" of those efforts. Vincent Price is one of my favorite actors, and I had the chance to meet him in 1973 when he was touring and did a lecture at Northwest Missouri State University. This image is based on the "Comedy of Terrors," and to view it in its entirety, you will need to click on it...


I don't know what I would do with the "Tell-Tale Heart," but this is the butler I came up with...


And I'd thought of a drunken raven for some kind of feature. Haven't decided whether, or not, to name him "Quoth," or "Nevermore"...


Have a surprise for later this week. It was good for a laugh tonight over coffee, but will probably get me in trouble.

No comments: