Tuesday, September 2, 2008

requests...

I generally hate most of the stuff I draw at the park. While I do a good job, it just doesn't seem comfortable. And I get a lot of ribbing about how I draw women, but the fact is that if I had an extra 10 spot for every time I got the "don't make me fat," " can you make my boobs bigger," "make me sexy,"comments...you get the idea...I'd have med school paid for and be a plastic surgeon. Call it the advise I got from Dan DeCarlo..."if you can draw a pretty girl, you're never out of work."

Christina had been wanting a caricature from me all season. And one day she cornered me and I had no excuse to put her off. She's going to be married soon and wanted something for the future husband so... Anyway, here's a pic of her and the caricature I did of her.

That particular day, it wasn't busy at all. Dead, in fact. All the caricature artists were having a hard time getting anyone interested in a caricature drawing. A tough day. So I sat down and had Christina sit for me and began drawing. And just as soon as I'm drawing something that I'd rather everyone ignore while I'm doing it, people began to stop. Lots of chuckles, smirks, "Omigod's!" and even some kid right on my shoulder gawking the whole time.

Rebecca wants a caricature, and I've told her for a couple of years that I'd rather do something nice instead of a park sketch. I would like to do something with a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" feel to it as she reminds me of Audrey Hepburn in many ways. I'm running out of excuses, so I began to do some preliminary sketches for a likeness. One of them turned out pretty close, so I may go with it. Here's Rebecca and what I've come up with.

Gotta keep drawing!

No comments: