Thursday, October 15, 2009

winding down...

by Mike Worley

There are only 3 weekends left to finish out the 2009 season. Everything still feels like a "work in progress," that there is still a lot to do, could be done, should be done.

Jacob, my assistant manager, finished up 3 more "monsters" on some larger shirt forms. Here's his "Freddy Krueger"...


This one is Christopher Lee from the "Curse of Frankenstein"...


Lastly, I threw him more "curves" stating, that while he can paint "ugly," there's more money in glamour. Dan DeCarlo once told me that if you can draw a pretty girl you're never without work. So here's Jacob's Ursula Andress from "She"...


Nor was I totally doing nothing. I tried some stuff with cutting stencils. I tested it on some damaged shirts(hence, why they look a bit grungy) before either doing them on some good material, or having Jacob give them a go. Here's a "Bob Marley" test...

but it looked better this way, I felt...


"Twilight" is all the rage for the moment. And why not try to capitalize on it while it's hot? Here's my first test of something with Taylor Lautner, the "Jacob" character...

...and this one, which we liked better...


I haven't given up on doing the image in black with a "moonrise" behind it. Jacob did this on a shirt for my wife...

She wants an "Edward" on the other side, which I'm still working on.

All in all, I think this one is the direction we'll go for the rest of the season...


My next post will actually have stuff I've drawn...PROMISE!...

No comments: