Tuesday, February 16, 2010

bunches o' stuff...

by Mike Worley

I almost have my daughter's graduation "invitation" art done. Should be able to post it tomorrow. But since I haven't posted in a week, I thought I'd put up some "warm-up" sketches. Ironically, I keep ending up with "apemen"...



...and I drew "Ikaris" from Marvel Comics' "The Eternals"...my first attempt at this character...


I found this on a zip disk. I had drawn the art a few years back. Had a short burst of creativity and wanted to just do the thing with markers to see what I could do with them. Still may try to finish something with it. I formatted it to print it up on normal "copy" paper. To see it all, just click on it...

...and no, That is NOT Stan Lee in the panels. Just a coinky-dinky.

Lastly, I've been trying to draw a portrait of one of the kids who works for me, and have struggled with the likeness. So I thought doing a cartoony version might give me some insights. But I do like how this turned out, and may see if I can use it to give me an excuse to work it over in Painter...

For some reason a "Grecian" motif seems to be the direction the sketch took.

Lates!

No comments: