Monday, February 22, 2010

more warm-ups...

by Mike Worley

I bought a new sketchbook, and have made a point to draw/sketch in it to warm up each day. Not that I think these are genius...they're just warm ups...but I have seen some renewed energy. And a fluctuation between doing some serious studies and drawing more cartoony.

In a cartoon book I found, I began to play with some simple shapes the author recommended to see what I could come up with.
A good effort, but it has me wondering about revisiting the exact same sets of shapes/design to see if I could come up with other alternatives. For some reason I could see doing the first one in Painter, taking the image hose to it and flooding it with the metallic effect. Sort of a "Silver Surfer" look...
Photobucket
... and this one gave me an initial "fish boy" thingy...
Photobucket
...or not.
Not enough mad scientists out there...
Photobucket

More play...
Photobucket

Later, Gator!

No comments: